Average Salary for Customer Service Manager – When it comes to managers, you probably imagine a good position with impressive earning. How about customer service managers? Here we will expose the real average salary for customer service manager.
Also, we will find out job descriptions along the requirements of this career. Later, you will also discover the groove as a team or department customer service manager.
Average Salary for Customer Service Manager
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay||Weekly Pay||Hourly Wage|
|San Mateo, CA||$64,663||$5,389||$1,244||$31.09|
|Daly City, CA||$62,296||$5,191||$1,198||$29.95|
|San Francisco, CA||$58,402||$4,867||$1,123||$28.08|
Customer service managers are also known as customer care executives. These persons refer to a leader of a CS providers team who ensures the clients of a corporation satisfied.
Thus, CS managers are in charge to substitute a productive and encouraging environment on the CS team. They supervise and manage their member performance to ensure the team is aligned to company service demands.
CS manager can be hired in all sorts of areas. While CS representatives offer superb customer services, CS managers role to watch over the CS agents. Still, CS managers can also deal with clients or customers who receive unsatisfying offers.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary function of CS managers is to guarantee retaining of profitable clients by giving additional value to their experience.
This is performed by educating CS department members to be more resourceful in offering solutions for customers. CS managers play critical roles in a company, with duties and responsibilities in the following ranges.
- Supervising everyday operations of CS unit.
- Developing and executing procedure to enhance the operational efficiency.
- Overseeing functional work to re complete issues boosted by customers.
- Managing phones, emails, and messages.
- Managing and supervising customer service work and operations team.
- Providing a wide-ranging of services to probing customers.
- Directly dealing with customers about CS complaints, issues or dissatisfactions.
- Developing, tracking and reporting crucial routine measurements for CS unit.
Actually, there are no general prerequisites of educational background to start a career as CS manager, though a bachelor or associate degree will be required.
- Read also: Worker Salary information for in the world
Since this is a superior position, it’s also crucial to have skills and knowledge in the field of customer service.
The following mentions several numbers of qualifications that candidates would be expected to present in order to meet the role.
- Associates or BS degree in Business Administration or other related fields (more preferred).
- Many years of experience in CS position (minimum 2-5).
- Prior experience working as managers (prioritized).
- Proficient in Ms. Office, Excel and several CS software.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Good in management technique and practice.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Organizational and efficiency skills.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Troubleshooting & multi-tasking.
Besides having some of the skills,, most employers can also require a future CS manager for having English proficiency, both passive and active.
Tips to Become Good CS Managers
Once you decide to take a step into the managerial part, here are some tips to be a good one.
- Leading by example.
- Solving problems for customers.
- Identifying and removing barriers for the department and team.
- Measuring certain things to provide significant stakeholders.
- Turning mistakes into learning processes.
Above all, it’s also important to always consider the role CS has in the part as a whole. That means the CS team has as big a role as other departments present in the company.
- Read also: Average Salary of An Administrative Assistant The World
Do you get the average salary for a customer service manager? Well, you might think this job is quite tiring because it has such a complicated task. But according to averageSalary.Co, this is probably on par with the average salary a CS manager earns.