Average Salary for Director of Operations – Is the average salary for director of operations something you’re looking for? Then find out how you will be paid as a director of operations in this article.
The average salary for senior director of operations may vary greatly in regional and states. However, the following summary is quite worthy to help you draw initial image.
Here you will have other details regarding job meaning, brief, the education and experience needs. Also, we compile some additional skills and abilities required for applying for the job.
Average Salary for Director of Operations
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay||Weekly Pay||Hourly Wage|
|San Francisco, CA||$106,206||$8,850||$2,042||$51.06|
|Santa Clara, CA||$104,975||$8,748||$2,019||$50.47|
|Los Angeles, CA||$102,367||$8,531||$1,969||$49.21|
|Jersey City, NJ||$101,031||$8,419||$1,943||$48.57|
|Green River, WY||$100,517||$8,376||$1,933||$48.33|
|San Buenaventura, CA||$100,513||$8,376||$1,933||$48.32|
|San Jose, CA||$100,462||$8,372||$1,932||$48.30|
Director of Operations
When entering an organization or company, whatever services it offers, there is a division that deals considerably with operational areas. This is where a director of operations encompasses.
A director of operations is an executive whose tasks are overseeing the everyday operations of a company. This position also ensures the organization runs in an effective and efficient way.
- Read also: Worker Salary information for in the world
Most director of operations have concern in performing the operative, coordination as well as direction of a certain organization. They are responsible to report and supply reports to the board of directors or chief executives.
The role and responsibility of director of operations can differ according to the genre or the size of the organization.
Clinical or healthcare directors may have different tasks from other operational directors employed in sales, real estate or small businesses.
Yet, they actually share the main responsibility in the term of operation and administration. Their supervisory and day-to-day responsibilities are listed in the following.
- Developing, applying and monitoring daily operational process and explaining clearly about the business goals, growth, and difficulties.
- Contributing in recruitment and training of members department.
- Holding and maintaining good relationships with all department executives, external associates and vendors.
- Organising, overseeing and evaluating the performance and work schedule of the members department.
- Arranging plan and overseeing daily running of a company to ensure progress.
- Supervising members department and offer helpful feedback.
- Coordinating with other executives to make choices related to goals attainment and operational activities.
- Maneuvering and implementing strategies to identify business improvements and ensuring the progress.
- Sustaining the company standards and guidelines by following the governmental regulations.
- Collaborating with human resources team to create and keep a credulous, wide-ranging and productive atmosphere.
In some business companies, a director of operations is supposed to supervise product manufactures, purchase and sales of certain departments.
To apply for the position requires a bachelor’s to master degree in Business Administration and other related fields. Besides, it’s also required to have excellent knowledge of various operational principles and roles.
These may include theories and practices in CS, finance, policies, manufacture, and employee managing.
Companies usually expect a director of operational candidates who have adequate experiences in the field. You must have been working in leadership or operational management and other appropriate grounds for about 5 to 10 years.
- Read also: Average Mortician Salary The World
Here some of the preferred qualifications related to abilities and skills.
- Be able to work with a computer for prolonged periods.
- Good stamina and endurance.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent diplomacy and managerial skills.
- Proficient in computer skills, Ms. Office and other software.
- Systematic and detailed-orientation.
- Great organisational and analytical skills.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
Being an operations director may be tiring as you need to have enough experience and skills. But according to averageSalary.Co you will never be satisfied with this position if you look at the average salary for an operations director.