Average Salary for Teller – Just in case you’re a high school diploma graduate and still searching for a job. If you have good interpersonal and CS skills, a teller is probably suitable. Before making a decision, it’s good to reveal how much the average salary is for a teller.
Within this article you will be invited to close up the life of a teller. Here you see the real amount of national average salary for tellers. A brief explanation through questions related to the job is concisely explained.
Average Salary for Teller
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay||Weekly Pay||Hourly Wage|
|San Francisco, CA||$34,746||$2,896||$668||$16.70|
|San Jose, CA||$32,384||$2,699||$623||$15.57|
Who Is A teller?
A teller or called as a bank teller is an employee who provides customer services and handles transactions. If you enter a bank, tellers are the first persons to see.
Tellers are the bank representatives who demonstrate a broad view of bank information where they work. They should have clues on how the bank system, what it offers, and how the policy is applied.
- Read also: Worker Salary information for in the world
Most importantly, bank tellers must have the ability to handle clerical and administrative activities.
What are Their Daily Tasks?
Tellers are in charge to provide help for customers in regard with financial and account issues. These typically involve banking services such as money savings, deposit, exchanges, accounts and withdrawals.
Some bank tellers also help customers to create accounts, manage deposit boxes, or offer replacement checks. They usually perform some of the following tasks for daily work basis.
- Doing daily bank services, such as creating deposit, money transfer and withdrawal, cash loan, loan payment, money exchanges, or cashing check.
- Opening and closing customers’ accounts and managing currency.
- Processing address alterations and managing security deposit boxes.
- Maintaining and balancing the money drawer on a regular basis by bookkeeping for cash dispensed, received, and expended.
- Managing ATM deposits.
- Answering calls and providing appropriate answer questions for customers related to bank services.
- Keep up-to-date to financial laws and relevant regulations regarding banking services.
- Assisting in solid client and customer interactions by building good relationships.
- Informing and offering new banking features and products.
- Utilising software to create reports or track bank updates.
How is the Work Environment?
Most bank tellers are employed in banks whether commercial and public banks. The majority of the tellers work in bank branches over city centres or suburbs. Bank tellers often work in full time, about forty hours per week.
What is the Educational Requirement?
A candidate of a bank teller should be at least graduated from high school levels. While a diploma is acceptable, the majority of banks prefer those who have an associate or bachelor’s degree.
Tellers with these degrees are advanced and more readily to step in higher positions such as loan officers, assistant managers, or personal banking staff.
- Read also: Average CPA salary in US The World
To pursue this career, you need to study typical course works such as accounting, business, economy, finance or other related fields.
Does it Need Training?
Job training for such a profession is sometimes required. Training is usually performed on the job. You might attend on-the-job training in the first of several weeks or months after being employed.
The article from averageSalary.Co already explains the average salary for tellers. Now you know that the average bank teller salary is quite reasonable. Are you interested? Just wait.