Average Salary of Chemical Engineer in USA – Ever wonder what is the job of a chemical engineer and the average salary of a chemical engineer in the USA? Then you are in the right article. We will inform you what it takes to be a chemical engineer.
Average Salary of Chemical Engineer in USA
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay||Weekly Pay||Hourly Wage|
|San Jose, CA||$102,841||$8,570||$1,978||$49.44|
|Santa Cruz, CA||$96,911||$8,076||$1,864||$46.59|
What is a Chemical Engineer?
Chemical engineer definition is a person who graduated from chemical engineering. It is a branch of the science of engineering. It is focused on processing raw materials into more complex material, or even functional products.
Chemical engineering is considered a unique branch because they made products from natural materials as a new product that did not exist in nature before. The students in chemical engineering also learn about biochemical processes.
Ever heard of fermentation? Or the production process of biofuel? These are all the areas of a chemical engineer. It is quite unique, isn’t it?
What does a Chemical Engineer do?
Knowing the chemical engineer salary, you must be curious about chemical engineer jobs. These are some of them:
- Focus on processing and creating products, in the range of food, drink, oil, and gas.
- Using the scientific project to make, analyze, or evaluate the process
- Choosing materials and equipments needed for processing
- Gathered data to make improvisation on processing
- Supervise all the processing to work efficiently and according to budget
- Making sure and responsible for the safety of the process for the workers and for the users in the future
What is The Prospect for a Chemical Engineer in the USA?
Chemical engineers are considered as a high demand job in the USA. The prospect of chemical engineering is very good. Take a look at our list:
- A chemical engineer can work in a chemical processing industry, such as the paper industry, food processing industry, and pharmacy industry.
- A chemical engineer can work in an engineering services industry, like in construction material company, the building of chemical plants, and others.
- A chemical engineer can work in research industry
- A chemical engineer can work with both government or private agencies
See? There are so many chemical engineering jobs in the USA, even for fresh graduates. Now let’s find out the requirement to be a chemical engineer.
How to Become a Chemical Engineer in the USA?
A chemical engineer should have a graduate degree from chemical engineering faculty, but sometimes it can also from biochemical engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Read also: Average Salary for Pediatrician The World
The best chemical engineering graduate school in the USA is Massachusetts Institution of Technology and California Institution of Technology.
The average salary of a chemical engineer in the US is pretty good according to averageSalary.Co, and the salary depends on the level, whether you are a senior or junior chemical engineer. It also depends on which state you work in the US, as each state usually has a different salary standard.